G8 Power of Expression D
Class 26 (8P June 9th, 8Q and 8K June 10th)
Today we are uploading Criteron D at the end of the class,
1. D3: Improvements
After completing the evaluation in D2 you probably noticed there are areas of the piece/poem that could be improved. Now it is time to list 2-3 improvements. It is important that we understand, so try to be visual and provide sketches, examples, pictures of the materials you are planning on using.
To get 7-8 you need to explain how the piece/poem could be improved in 2-3 suggestions.
The (first) improvement I could make is ……. Why-based on what data… How you would do this change (write-draw a sketch)… How will this improvement affect the overall game.
Improvements to the piece/poem
ex. The first improvement is adding color to my poster, since 3 out of 3 said my piece was not appealing enough. So I would add red, blue and yellow to my piece, following this sketch below. Yellow for my action cards, red for ….. this way my piece will be more attractive and will catch the attention of the visitors of the exhibit.
The improvements can also be to the survey:
ex. I realised my survey was poorly designed because I was not able to get enough data to be able to think of meaningful improvements. All of them ended up writing extra comments at the end, because none of my questions allowed them to provide data. So, I would make sure to add more open questions since most of mine are closed. For example in q4 instead of asking: did you learn anything about pollution? I would change it for: what did you learn after reading my poem and looking at my piece? or do you have any suggestions to make the learning more clear? This way they won’t need to write extra comments in the survey and I would we able to analize the results better.
2. D4: Impact: are you raising awareness about the topic of your choice?
Finally, you need to evaluate if your poem/piece is really raising awareness about the topic you chose. D4 is connected to A1 so read what you wrote in A1 and make sure you are addressing how successful you are in your teaching. Please use data and quotes that support it.
To get 7-8 you need to explain the impact of the game on the audience
3. Upload at the end of the class
Make sure you have everything:
Class 25 (8P June 1st, 8Q&8K June 2nd)
Today we will do a few things
1. IDU reflection (20 minutes)
Please complete the answers to these 2 questions:
And upload to Managebac. This will be part of your grade for your IDU.
2. Surveying your poem/piece (40 minutes)
We will get in groups and survey each other’s work
3. D2: evaluating your results
D2 has 2 different parts:
To show proof of authentic testing:
You can tell in what areas your game was successful and in what areas it was not so successful. Mention the specifications and mention the results from the surveys and the interviews. We are not looking for your opinion, but the summary of what others said about your poem/piece
Try to follow this formula:
Met-not meet the specification + what specification + proof or quote + why…
I met my aesthetics specifications because according to 100% of my surveys my piece colorful and attractive.
Also if they wrote something at the end of the survey, even if it was not the answer to any question, please include it. Please remember we will have to write improvements in D3, so this is not the place to mention these.
4. Homework: complete anything you have left to be ready for next class.
Since the timing is very tight and you will have only one more class, please make sure you come to the last class with all this done since I won’t be able to give you extensions or resubmissions.
Class 24 (8P June 1st, 8Q&8K June 2nd)
0. Check grades on MB. A,B,C final grades.
Write your name on the board and call me if something seems off or wrong or you have questions.
1. Timing for Criterion D
2. Designing the tests
Now is the time for you to share the poem/pieces with other people and see if you are able to raise awareness of the topic of your choice.
You will need 2 testing methods. We recommend:
1. Interview with your audience. Prepare a 5-10 minutes interview with a person in the Audience (Keystone Community) that is not a G8 student. In this interview will talk about the piece, the poem, how they have made them change their initial opinions about the topic you chose to raise awareness. This will help you write about the impact of your piece in C4. The number of questions is up to you, just make sure the interview flows as a conversation for about 5 minutes. Please record it.
2. Survey (3) with your classmates. They went through the same process so you will be talking about the skills: cutting, gluing and design skills, presentation skills. This will help you write about the improvements to the poem, game, presentation in C3. Consider that the survey should take 5-10 minutes to complete. We will do this in Class 2 of Criterion D. Print the survey before the class, to be ready.
3. Coming up with the questions for your survey and interview
Today we are going to come up with the questions, based on the specifications you wrote in B1 (the list of things your piece should have). When coming up with questions please remember that open questions are more effective than close questions (yes/no) since you need to write about how your audience felt about the poem/piece and what improvements you would made.
4. For next class: